- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Harry Wood Jr.
ANNA, Ill. -- Harry H. "Boozie" Wood Jr., 81, of Anna died at 6:55 p.m. Saturday, May 18, 2002, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
He was born Aug. 2, 1920, at Anna, the son of Harry H. and Bessie Barringer Wood Sr. He and Dorothy L. Womick were married Oct. 19, 1943, at Cape Girardeau. She preceded him in death Aug. 31, 1966. He later married Dorothy E. Ray on Nov. 21, 1970, in Gulfport, Miss.
Wood was a member of the Anna-Jonesboro Elks Lodge #1641, Anna Moose Lodge #1346 and was an army veteran of World War II. He owned and operated H.H. Wood Insurance Company in Anna for 40 years.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Pam Stout of Anna; a son, Greg Wood of Anna; two step-daughters, Sue and Darla Williams of Springfield, Ill.; two grandchildren; two step-grandchildren; and two step-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a step-son and a sister.
Friends may call at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Scott Harner will officiate with burial in the Anna City Cemetery.