- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Laura Rachelle Baker and Keith Allen Whitworth were united in marriage April 27, 2002, at Grace United Methodist Church. The Rev. Anselm Williams performed the double ring ceremony. Pianist was Laura Bollinger of Cape Girardeau. Soloists were Mike Dumey of Cape Girardeau and Bollinger.
The bride is the daughter of Larry and Martha Dillon of Jackson, Mo., and Thomas J. Baker of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Dennis and Marilyn Whitworth of Washington, Mo.
Matron of honor was Stephanie Ellinger of Scott City, Mo., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Tracy Blechle and Katie Wolz of Cape Girardeau.
Lyle Whitworth of Washington served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were Marty and Doug Whitworth of Columbia, Mo., brothers of the groom. Ushers were Andy Chronister of Cape Girardeau, Ron Daugherty and Bob Lovely of Sunset Hills, Mo.
Candlelighters were Rebecca Bliss and Allison Wolz. They are the daughters of Mark and Joni Bliss and Jay and Kathy Wolz, all of Cape Girardeau.
Flower girl was Giggi DeCoursey, daughter of Dr. Kenneth and Brenda DeCoursey of Cape Girardeau. Ringbearer was Nicholas Whitworth, son of Doug and Denise Whitworth and nephew of the groom. Honorary ringbearer was Cole Ellinger, son of Ryan and Stephanie Ellinger and nephew of the bride.
Denise Whitworth attended the guest book. Bailey Bliss, daughter of Mark and Joni Bliss, was program attendant.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Drury Lodge. Servers were Joni Bliss and Kathy Wolz.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner April 26 at Port Cape.
Mrs. Whitworth is a graduate of Central High School and Metro Business College. She is employed in classified sales at the Southeast Missourian Newspaper.
The groom is a graduate of St. Francis Borgia Regional High School and Southeast Missouri State University. He is employed in the marketing department at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
After a cruise to Cozumel, Mexico, the couple resides in Cape Girardeau.