- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SCOTT CITY, Mo. -- Jennifer Lee Emmons and Jerry Wayne Sadler were married May 19, 2001, at Bollinger Mill in Burfordville, Mo. The Rev. Robert Smithey Jr. performed the double ring ceremony. Kerri Doyal of Burfordville played keyboards and sang.
Parents of the bride are Don and Mary Sue Emmons of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Carol Jobe of Cape Girardeau and Jack Sadler of Chaffee, Mo.
Maids of honor were Lori and Charity Emmons of Cape Girardeau, sisters of the bride. Bridesmaids were Chantel Lawrence of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., cousin of the bride; Glenda Sadler of Chaffee, sister-in-law of the groom; and Amanda Yancey of Jackson, Mo.
The groom chose his cousin, Daniel Ayers of Chaffee, as best man. Groomsmen were Andy Sadler of Chaffee, Larry Sadler of Malden, Mo., Barry Sadler of Chaffee, brothers of the groom; and Micah Emmons of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride. Ushers were Jackie Sadler of Scott City, nephew of the groom, and Steve Schrum of Chaffee, cousin of the groom.
Flower girl was Madison Swift, daughter of the bride. Ringbearer was Malik Miller, son of Holly Miller of Scott City.
Guest book attendant was Angela Wright of Blytheville, Ark., sister of the groom.
Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the American Legion Hall in Chaffee.
Mrs. Sadler is an assistant manager at Payless ShoeSource in Cape Girardeau.
The groom is a truck driver with Elfrink Transportation Inc. in Cape Girardeau.
The couple resides in Scott City.