- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mala Ahuja and William Richard Harker were married Feb. 17, 2002, at the Atrium at Meadowlark Gardens in Vienna, Va. Pandit Amarnath-ji performed a Hindu ceremony, which was followed by a Christian ceremony by the Rev. John P. Gaffney.
The bride is the daughter of Mangho and Mevi Ahuja of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Jacqueline Martin of Clarksburg, W.Va.
Matron of honor was Madhu Zierath of Plano, Texas, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Jill Sturm of Cape Girardeau; Michele Rattien, Jennifer Kim and Sneha Patel, all of New York, N.Y.; Natalie Roisman and Nicolle Sciara of Washington, D.C.
Christopher Seymore of Philadelphia, Pa., was best man. Groomsmen were Chuck Flanigan, brother of the groom; Marcus Helm and Billy Earp, all of Clarksburg, Graham Caplinger of Phoenix, Ariz., Frank Ghali of San Francisco, Calif., and Michael Montero of Miami, Fla.
Flower girl was Rani Zierath, niece of the bride. Ringbearer was DeRonne Murphy, cousin of the groom.
Following the ceremonies, a reception was held at the Atrium.
Mrs. Harker is a 1992 graduate of Central High School, 1996 graduate of Washington University, and received a juris doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 1999. She is a litigation attorney at the law firm of Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton and Garrison in New York City.
Harker is a 1990 graduate of Washington Irving High School in Clarksburg, 1994 graduate of West Virginia University, and received a juris doctorate from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2000. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions at the law firm of Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen and Katz in New York City.
The couple resides in New York City.