- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
GETTING THERE: Barcelona's international airport, Aeropuerto del Prat, is a 20-minute taxi ride from the city center. The airport is connected to the city by bus and by train. The main train station is Sants Estacion; local, regional and international trains pass through regularly.
Barcelona also has an active port. More than a half-million cruise passengers pass through the Puerto de Barcelona each year. Arriving by car is another option, as the highways connecting Barcelona with Madrid and France are well-maintained.
GETTING AROUND: The Barri Gotic and the nearby port area are walker-friendly and fairly easy to navigate by following the stream of tourists through the narrow medieval streets. Most, though not all, of the city's must-see sights are within walking distance from the old quarter. Watch bags and wallets carefully, especially at night. Though taxis are widely available throughout the city, they are not an advisable means of transportation in the congested center. Instead, walk, take the bus or, better yet, take the metro. Barcelona's five metro lines are easy to use and reach most areas of town. To get to the top of Montjuic, the small mountain on the edge of the city, try taking the funicular that leaves from the harbor area for a great view of lower Barcelona.