- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Ruth Ann Vangilder, 72, of Cape Girardeau, Mo., died Thursday, May 16, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Aug. 12, 1929, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of Charles W. and Daisy Q. Simpson Bauerle. She and Jim Vangilder were married Feb. Dec. 27, 1950. He died Feb. 26, 1992.
She was employed at Rust and Martin and Good Buy Shop and attended Centenary United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three daughters, Janet Rigdon of Cape Girardeau, Ann Farrell of Kirkwood, and Julia Readnour of Indianapolis, Ind.; and a sister, Betty Folsom of Sun City West, Ariz., six grandchildren, and two great-grandchilren.
A graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Burial will follow at the cemetery.
Arrangements are by Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Southeast Missouri Hospice or the Humane Society of Southeast Missouri.