- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Everett A. Hitt, 86, of Advance died Wednesday, May 15, 2002, in a truck accident on his farm.
He was born June 29, 1915, at Arbor, Mo., son of Jessie Hitt. He and Ilene Cox were married June 17, 1936, at Jackson, Mo.
Hitt was a 1935 graduate of Delta High School. He was a retired farmer, and was a typist with the CCC Camp two years. He served on the MFA Board of Directors and was a member of Swan Pond School District Board.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Lloyd Hitt of Brownwood, Mo.; two daughters, Eula Bowling of Dexter, Mo., Lois Tweedy of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant son and a brother.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 5 to 8:30 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Morgan Memorial Park, with Billy Davis officiating.