- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Lorene B. Richey, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, May 15, 2002, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born July 10, 1919, at Tilsit, Mo., daughter of Walter and Ida Hoffmeister Birk. She and Harry Richey were married Dec. 24, 1938, in Cape Girardeau. He died Dec. 17, 1985.
Mrs. Richey was a former assembly line worker at International Shoe Co. She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a sister, Ethel Helwege of Cape Girardeau; six nieces, June Lincoln of Dexter, Mo., Sharon Kitchen of Cape Girardeau, Lucille Schweer and Carol Stover of Jackson, Mo., Pam Birk of Houston, Texas, and Linda Parker of St. Louis.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a brother, Lester Birk; and a sister, Leona Schwab.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel after 10 a.m. Saturday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the chapel, with the Rev. Douglas Breite officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Trinity School Building Fund, 100 N. Frederick, Cape Girardeau, Mo. 63701.