- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Central tennis team closes in on state berth
Central, which finished second in the recent Class 4A, District 1 Tournament, will compete Saturday in the 4A Sectional at Kirkwood High School in the St. Louis area.
The Tigers (13-3 dual matches) play District 2 champion Kirkwood (15-0) in one semifinal while District 1 winner SLUH (6-5) and District 2 runner-up Parkway South (13-3) square off in the other semifinal.
The sectional winner advances to the state team tournament May 23 in Springfield, Mo.
Central's Trevor Blattner and Andy Tansil have already qualified for the state individual tournament May 24-25 in Springfield by virtue of their district doubles title.