- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Heat wave in India kills 450
HYDERABAD, India -- The death toll from a heat wave in southern India has risen to 450, a relief official in sweltering Andhra Pradesh state said Thursday.
Fresh reports of deaths, mainly among the poor, elderly, and laborers such as agricultural workers and rickshaw pullers, pushed the official toll to 450 since May 10, said Jagdish Reddy, the state's assistant secretary of relief.
Temperatures were as high as 106 degrees Fahrenheit on Thursday along the coast of the Bay of Bengal, he said.