- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Heat wave in India kills 450
HYDERABAD, India -- The death toll from a heat wave in southern India has risen to 450, a relief official in sweltering Andhra Pradesh state said Thursday.
Fresh reports of deaths, mainly among the poor, elderly, and laborers such as agricultural workers and rickshaw pullers, pushed the official toll to 450 since May 10, said Jagdish Reddy, the state's assistant secretary of relief.
Temperatures were as high as 106 degrees Fahrenheit on Thursday along the coast of the Bay of Bengal, he said.