- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Three men held in Pearl slaying give site of body
KARACHI, Pakistan -- Three new suspects in the slaying of Daniel Pearl directed police Thursday to a body they claimed was that of the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter.
Police unearthed the body which had been buried in an open field in a poor neighborhood on the Western edge of Karachi, said a senior police official.
Dr. Qasim Soomro, chief police surgeon of southern Sindh province, said the body was being kept at the site for testing to determine the identity. He said a team of forensic pathologists was being assembled to conduct further tests today.
Four Islamic radicals have been on trial since April 22 for murdering and kidnapping Pearl. They pleaded innocent.
Seven other men suspected of holding Pearl hostage were being sought.