- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Three men held in Pearl slaying give site of body
KARACHI, Pakistan -- Three new suspects in the slaying of Daniel Pearl directed police Thursday to a body they claimed was that of the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter.
Police unearthed the body which had been buried in an open field in a poor neighborhood on the Western edge of Karachi, said a senior police official.
Dr. Qasim Soomro, chief police surgeon of southern Sindh province, said the body was being kept at the site for testing to determine the identity. He said a team of forensic pathologists was being assembled to conduct further tests today.
Four Islamic radicals have been on trial since April 22 for murdering and kidnapping Pearl. They pleaded innocent.
Seven other men suspected of holding Pearl hostage were being sought.