- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Three men held in Pearl slaying give site of body
KARACHI, Pakistan -- Three new suspects in the slaying of Daniel Pearl directed police Thursday to a body they claimed was that of the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter.
Police unearthed the body which had been buried in an open field in a poor neighborhood on the Western edge of Karachi, said a senior police official.
Dr. Qasim Soomro, chief police surgeon of southern Sindh province, said the body was being kept at the site for testing to determine the identity. He said a team of forensic pathologists was being assembled to conduct further tests today.
Four Islamic radicals have been on trial since April 22 for murdering and kidnapping Pearl. They pleaded innocent.
Seven other men suspected of holding Pearl hostage were being sought.