- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)13
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Three men held in Pearl slaying give site of body
KARACHI, Pakistan -- Three new suspects in the slaying of Daniel Pearl directed police Thursday to a body they claimed was that of the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter.
Police unearthed the body which had been buried in an open field in a poor neighborhood on the Western edge of Karachi, said a senior police official.
Dr. Qasim Soomro, chief police surgeon of southern Sindh province, said the body was being kept at the site for testing to determine the identity. He said a team of forensic pathologists was being assembled to conduct further tests today.
Four Islamic radicals have been on trial since April 22 for murdering and kidnapping Pearl. They pleaded innocent.
Seven other men suspected of holding Pearl hostage were being sought.