- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Three men held in Pearl slaying give site of body
KARACHI, Pakistan -- Three new suspects in the slaying of Daniel Pearl directed police Thursday to a body they claimed was that of the murdered Wall Street Journal reporter.
Police unearthed the body which had been buried in an open field in a poor neighborhood on the Western edge of Karachi, said a senior police official.
Dr. Qasim Soomro, chief police surgeon of southern Sindh province, said the body was being kept at the site for testing to determine the identity. He said a team of forensic pathologists was being assembled to conduct further tests today.
Four Islamic radicals have been on trial since April 22 for murdering and kidnapping Pearl. They pleaded innocent.
Seven other men suspected of holding Pearl hostage were being sought.