- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Susan Gayle Friend, 52, of Sikeston died Wednesday, May 15, 2002, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 16, 1950, at Sikeston, daughter of Leroy and Patricia Glass Parmenter. She and David G. Friend were married May 11, 1979, at Sikeston.
Friend was a surgical technician at Ferguson Medical Group. She was a member of Murray Lane Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Patrick Miller and Brent Friend of St. Louis; a daughter, Kristin Friend of Columbia, Mo.; her mother of Sikeston; three brothers, Sam Parmenter of Sikeston, Paul Parmenter of St. Louis, and Joel Parmenter of Anchorage, Alaska.
Friends may call at Blanchard Funeral Chapel from 5 to 7 p.m. today.
Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Garden of Memories Cemetery. The Rev. Wiley McGee, an uncle, will officiate.