- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
Relay for Life appreciates community help
To the editor:
The American Cancer Society hosted Cape Girardeau's sixth annual Relay for Life with 20 teams and over 400 participants who spent the evening at Capaha Park celebrating the lives of cancer survivors and remembering those who lost the battle to cancer.
On behalf of the American Cancer Society, we would like to thank the community for its generous support. Despite the rainy weather, we raised a net total of over $50,000, including almost $6,000 in luminaria donations.
The money raised at Cape Girardeau's Relay for Life will aid in cancer research, education and patient services along with many other needs. We would again like to thank all of those people in the community who donated time, money and services. An event such as this could not happen without your support.STEPHANIE SHREVE
2002 Relay for Life Co-chairs
American Cancer Society