- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Prom photos on Web site thrill parents
To the editor:
My daughter, Mandy Phelps, is a junior at Jackson High School. She was pictured in the May 5 edition of the Missourian for the Jackson prom. She was also on the Web site you ran for 2002 prom, both of which thrilled her and her parents.
I would like to tell you that the prom Web site was wonderful for parents to be able to see their children and their children's friends on their special night. Also to be able to forward the pictures to family and friends via e-mail and to be able to purchase the pictures are a bonus. I visited the site to see if my daughter would be featured and to see all the kids in their dresses and tuxedos. It's kind of like looking at a fashion magazine. The beauty of it is you know most of the people personally.
Again, thank you for the Web site to honor our children. I look forward to next year's 2003 prom feature.