- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Jury convicts Scott City man who confessed to murder; girlfriend's testimony corroborates confession (12/9/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Two Cape County residents, including former Jackson police officer, face burglary charges in Colorado (12/12/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Prom photos on Web site thrill parents
To the editor:
My daughter, Mandy Phelps, is a junior at Jackson High School. She was pictured in the May 5 edition of the Missourian for the Jackson prom. She was also on the Web site you ran for 2002 prom, both of which thrilled her and her parents.
I would like to tell you that the prom Web site was wonderful for parents to be able to see their children and their children's friends on their special night. Also to be able to forward the pictures to family and friends via e-mail and to be able to purchase the pictures are a bonus. I visited the site to see if my daughter would be featured and to see all the kids in their dresses and tuxedos. It's kind of like looking at a fashion magazine. The beauty of it is you know most of the people personally.
Again, thank you for the Web site to honor our children. I look forward to next year's 2003 prom feature.