- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Prom photos on Web site thrill parents
To the editor:
My daughter, Mandy Phelps, is a junior at Jackson High School. She was pictured in the May 5 edition of the Missourian for the Jackson prom. She was also on the Web site you ran for 2002 prom, both of which thrilled her and her parents.
I would like to tell you that the prom Web site was wonderful for parents to be able to see their children and their children's friends on their special night. Also to be able to forward the pictures to family and friends via e-mail and to be able to purchase the pictures are a bonus. I visited the site to see if my daughter would be featured and to see all the kids in their dresses and tuxedos. It's kind of like looking at a fashion magazine. The beauty of it is you know most of the people personally.
Again, thank you for the Web site to honor our children. I look forward to next year's 2003 prom feature.