- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)23
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- A shot at a Harley: Man's basketball feat at Southeast game wins new motorcycle (2/27/17)
- Two men crack market with local cage-free eggs (2/26/17)13
- Singer Neal Boyd says he faces physical therapy after Jan. 22 traffic accident (2/27/17)
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Prom photos on Web site thrill parents
To the editor:
My daughter, Mandy Phelps, is a junior at Jackson High School. She was pictured in the May 5 edition of the Missourian for the Jackson prom. She was also on the Web site you ran for 2002 prom, both of which thrilled her and her parents.
I would like to tell you that the prom Web site was wonderful for parents to be able to see their children and their children's friends on their special night. Also to be able to forward the pictures to family and friends via e-mail and to be able to purchase the pictures are a bonus. I visited the site to see if my daughter would be featured and to see all the kids in their dresses and tuxedos. It's kind of like looking at a fashion magazine. The beauty of it is you know most of the people personally.
Again, thank you for the Web site to honor our children. I look forward to next year's 2003 prom feature.