- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Prom photos on Web site thrill parents
To the editor:
My daughter, Mandy Phelps, is a junior at Jackson High School. She was pictured in the May 5 edition of the Missourian for the Jackson prom. She was also on the Web site you ran for 2002 prom, both of which thrilled her and her parents.
I would like to tell you that the prom Web site was wonderful for parents to be able to see their children and their children's friends on their special night. Also to be able to forward the pictures to family and friends via e-mail and to be able to purchase the pictures are a bonus. I visited the site to see if my daughter would be featured and to see all the kids in their dresses and tuxedos. It's kind of like looking at a fashion magazine. The beauty of it is you know most of the people personally.
Again, thank you for the Web site to honor our children. I look forward to next year's 2003 prom feature.