- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Police: Nurse assistant stole ring from patient's finger (10/27/16)10
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)10
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Cape teacher resigns after accusation of assaulting student at football game (10/26/16)11
SBC says it will cut 5,000 jobs
SAN ANTONIO -- SBC Communications Inc. said Tuesday that it will eliminate 5,000 more jobs, or 2.6 percent of its work force, because of the slow economy. The cuts come on top of the 10,000 positions already eliminated since the fall.
The telecommunications giant said the job reductions will be distributed throughout its 13-state service area and will involve both managers and non-management employees.
In midday trading on the New York Stock Exchange, SBC stock was up 90 cents.