- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
City gets grant for business park improvements
FREDERICKTOWN -- Fredericktown's Business Park infrastructure improvements got a lift in mid-April when City Administrator Tim Morgan was notified the city had been approved for a $1,250,000 grant.
The Public Works Grant from the Federal Economic Development Administration and the Department of Commerce will be used for the water tower and water main, and for roadway improvements off Highway 72 into the Business Park.
Morgan and Chauncy Buchheit of the Southeast Missouri Regional Planning and Economic Development Commission submitted the grant proposal Feb. 25.