- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
City gets grant for business park improvements
FREDERICKTOWN -- Fredericktown's Business Park infrastructure improvements got a lift in mid-April when City Administrator Tim Morgan was notified the city had been approved for a $1,250,000 grant.
The Public Works Grant from the Federal Economic Development Administration and the Department of Commerce will be used for the water tower and water main, and for roadway improvements off Highway 72 into the Business Park.
Morgan and Chauncy Buchheit of the Southeast Missouri Regional Planning and Economic Development Commission submitted the grant proposal Feb. 25.