- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Newspaper to create teen advisory panel
Dear readers, The Class of 2morrow section is looking for your input about current events, trends, music and entertainment and summer activities. We particularly need your help during the summer.
The newspaper wants to form a teen advisory panel that would provide topics for stories during the coming months. The panel will include students ages 12 to 18 from several area schools.
The group would meet once a month at the newspaper office for a roundtable discussion. Participants would help provide information and resources for stories to be printed in the newspaper. Panel members can serve for as little as one month or up to three months.
Advisory panel members could serve as video game reviewers, columnists or even cover events in the community, especially those of interest to teen-agers.
If you are interested in writing for the Class of 2morrow section or want to participate as an advisory panel member, fill out the accompanying form.
Teachers and parents can also nominate teen-agers to serve on the panel, using the accompanying form.