- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
HAYTI, Mo. -- Terry and Connie Ray of Hayti announce the engagement of their daughter, Jennifer Emily Ray, to Eric Lee Heuring. He is the son of Jan Murrell of Dexter, Mo., and Jerry Heuring of Buena Vista, Tenn.
Ray is a 1997 graduate of Hayti High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in early childhood education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2001, and is pursuing a master's degree in guidance and counseling at Southeast. She is a kindergarten teacher and high school cheerleading sponsor at Kelly Schools in Benton, Mo.
Heuring is a 1996 graduate of Portageville High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in criminal justice with a minor in wildlife biology from Southeast University in 2001. He is employed with Missouri Department of Conservation.
A May 25 wedding is planned at St. Eustachius Catholic Church in Portageville.