- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
St. Francis CEO reports progress on Bluff hospital
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- Enough progress has been made in the joint venture between Physicians Advanced Health Care Group of Poplar Bluff and St. Francis Medical Center of Cape Girardeau that ground has been broken for a new medical unit here.
In January the two entities announced their joint venture. Since then, according to Steven C. Bjelich, president and CEO of St. Francis, the two groups have been taking care of the legal aspects of their merger.
"We have already made enough progress that we have broken ground for the ambulatory surgical center," Bjelich said. "We're progressing very nicely consistent with the time frame based on the need and on our due diligence."
The diagnostic imaging center at the campus on Highway PP is already in place. What is left to build is the medical office building, radiation therapy, and cardiac catheterization, in addition to an acute care facility.