- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Alma L. Hall, 73, of Advance died Friday, May 10, 2002, at her home.
She was born June 19, 1928, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Luther Otto and Celeste Clark Tackett. She married Carmela Vaglica in 1944, Billy Moore in 1961, and J.B. Hall in 1982.
Hall worked 15 years at International Shoe Co. in Cape Girardeau. She moved to Texas in 1979 from Cape Girardeau, and to Advance in 1998. She was a member of Faith Tabernacle Pentecostal Church in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include three sons, Danny and Mike Moore of Coleman, Texas, Richard Vaglica of Kansas City, Mo.; four daughters, Janet Vaglica of Advance, Tammy Jennings of Bell City, Mo., Melinda Gentry of Jeffersonville, Ind., and Missy Lusk of Coleman.
Also surviving are two sisters, Lillian Pender of Millersville, Mo., Barbara Layer of Topeka, Kan.; three brothers, Norman Tackett of Kansas City, Raymond Tackett of Omaha, Neb., Chalmer Tackett of Fruitland, Mo.; 18 grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, two sons, three brothers, and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Doyle Randol officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.