- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Ada Mae Jackson, 91, of Chaffee died Friday, May 10, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 31, 1911, at Greenville, Mo., daughter of William and Sarah Asher. She and Lester Jackson were married Aug. 7, 1926. He died Dec. 19, 1997.
Jackson had worked at Woolworth's in St. Louis. She was a member of St. Paul Lutheran Church in Chaffee and its Ladies Aid. She moved to Chaffee in 1973 from Cuba, Mo.
Survivors include two sons, Robert Jackson of Chaffee, William Jackson of Port St. Lucie, Fla.; a brother, Walter Asher of Union City, Tenn.; nine grandchildren; and 17 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by six brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 9:30 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Karl Leeman officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.