- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Tot's death in fire ruled homicide
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Police have determined that a 3-year-old boy's death in a house fire was a homicide.
Police confirmed Thursday that arson was the cause of Saturday's blaze, which killed Mar-Shawn Harper and injured three of his relatives.
Mar-Shawn was staying with his uncle, Anthony Carter Sr., and Carter's two sons, Anthony Carter Jr. and Montel Carter, when a fire erupted on the porch. Three other adults living at the house escaped without injury.
Firefighters found Mar-Shawn on a bed in a corner room of the second floor. He was pronounced dead later.