- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Man claiming to be Satan attacks victim with sword
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- A Poplar Bluff man was injured by a sword wielding assailant early Thursday morning after allegedly a man knocked on his door and said he was Satan.
According to Butler County Sheriff reports, deputies Bobby Wicker and Mark Dobbs responded at 4:40 a.m. to a fight in progress at the Jerry Johnson residence on Highway 53.
When they arrived they noticed a small passenger car in a ditch. Jeffrey L. Christensen was standing by the vehicle and told the officers he wanted to try to remove the vehicle from the ditch.
When they went inside the residence, they observed Johnson with blood on his body. Pools of blood were in the doorway and all through the living room.
Johnson stated Christensen knocked on his door and said, "You know who I am, I'm *** Satan."
Johnson said Christensen then took a silver colored sword out and began stabbing at him.
Treated for injuries
Johnson sustained a deep cut at the base of his right thumb and minor cuts to his right side, right shin and left hand. He was transported by ambulance to Three Rivers Healthcare South where he was treated for his injuries.
According to the report, Christensen admitted there was a scuffle, but denied any knowledge of injuries.
The two and a half-foot long sword was found in Christensen's car with fresh blood on it and was placed into evidence.
Christensen, 30, of the 600 block of Don Street, was booked into the Butler County Jail on assault.