- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Freda Marie Froemsdorf, 88, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, May 5, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born June 13, 1913, in Mulkeytown, Ill., daughter of Henry C. and Clara C. Eichhorn Kunkel. She and Martin Froemsdorf were married Nov. 3, 1945, in Cape Girardeau. He died Sept. 20, 1989.
Mrs. Froemsdorf was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church and its Ladies Aid.
Survivors include a daughter, Nancy J. Johns of Cape Girardeau; a daughter-in-law, Sarah Froemsdorf of Cape Girardeau; five grandchildren, Robin Strop of Cape Girardeau, Bill Johns Jr. of Oak Ridge, Mo., Teri Armistead of Columbia, Mo., Kim Baughman and Amy Froemsdorf of Cape Girardeau; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, James M. Froemsdorf; a sister and three brothers.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 10 to 11 a.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home. The Rev. Douglas Breite will officiate. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.