- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
Thousands evacuate homes in Colorado
EVERGREEN, Colo. -- Fire managers called up additional crews Monday to battle a 400-acre wildfire that had chased more than 2,000 people from their homes in the forested foothills.
There were no reports of homes damaged, but the blaze was within a quarter-mile of at least one house and within two miles of subdivisions in the area about 25 miles west of Denver.
"We're looking at steep, rocky terrain with very thick, dry fuel," fire information officer Justin Dombrowski said.