- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Thousands evacuate homes in Colorado
EVERGREEN, Colo. -- Fire managers called up additional crews Monday to battle a 400-acre wildfire that had chased more than 2,000 people from their homes in the forested foothills.
There were no reports of homes damaged, but the blaze was within a quarter-mile of at least one house and within two miles of subdivisions in the area about 25 miles west of Denver.
"We're looking at steep, rocky terrain with very thick, dry fuel," fire information officer Justin Dombrowski said.