- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)2
ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- Harve "Dillie" Calvin Jr., 78, of Escondido, formerly of Mound City, Ill., and Carbondale, Ill., died at 6:15 p.m. Saturday, May 4, 2002, at the Sunbridge East Care Center in Escondido.
He was born April 2, 1924, at Mound City, son of Harve Augustus Sr. and Elizabeth Amanda McDaniel Calvin. He was married to Alice Lucille Prim.
Calvin was a member of First Baptist Church in Mounds, Ill., a veteran of World War II, retired manager after 38 years with the Rhodes-Burford Stores in Mounds, Cairo, Ill., and Carbondale and member and past commander of the VFW Post 8891 of Mounds. He had served on the Mounds city council, was a member of the Caledonia Lodge 47 AF&AM of Pulaski, Ill., and was a member of the Scottist Rites of Belleville, Ill.
Survivors include a son, Jeff Calving of Santa Barbara, Calif., a daughter, Cindy Quist of Escondido, two brothers, Wilburn Calvin of Cairo, and Joel Calvin of Richmond, Ind.; a sister, Rosemary Wood of Lakeland, Fla.; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill., after 10:30 a.m. Friday.
Graveside services will be at 11:30 a.m. Friday at the National Cemetery in Mound City. The Rev. Stephen Wolfe will officiate with burial to follow.
Full Military Honors will be given by members of the Pulaski County VFW Post 8891 and Mason Rites will be provided by members of the Caledonia Lodge 47.