- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ALTENBURG, Mo. -- Arnold L. Roth, 79, of Altenburg died Saturday, May 4, 2002, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Oct. 13, 1922, at Wittenburg, Mo., son of Leo A. and Linna Mueller Roth. He and Violet Engert were married Sept. 2, 1945.
Roth was a retired farmer and union labor construction worker. He was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church in Altenburg.
Survivors include two sons, Lloyd Roth of Frohna, Mo., and Dale Roth of Altenburg; three brothers, Willard Roth of Frohna, Edgar Roth of Perryville, Mo., and Vernon Roth of St. Louis; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Young and Sons East Perry Chapel from 4 to 9 p.m. today and from 6:30 to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at Trinity Lutheran Church. The Rev. Ronald Paseur will officiate with burial in the church cemetery.