- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SPARTA, Ill. -- Corinne H. Ashley, 76, of Sparta died at 4:30 a.m. Sunday, May 5, 2002, at the Randolph County Care Center in Sparta.
She was born June 30, 1925, at Gordonville, Mo., daughter of Albert and Amanda Deneke Blumenberg. She and James Ashley were marred Oct. 24, 1948, at Gordonville.
Ashley was a member of First United Methodist Church in Sparta.
Survivors include her husband, a daughter, Sharon Graham of Kewanee, Ill.; a son, Larry Ashley of Sparta; a sister, Maxine Friedrich of Jackson, Mo.; two brothers, Melvin Blumenberg and Gene Blumenberg, both of Whitewater, Mo.; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a sister and two brothers.
Friends may call at the McDaniel Funeral Home in Sparta from 6 to 8 p.m. today and from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the First United Methodist Church of Sparta. The Rev. Tom Corum will officiate with burial in Caledonia Cemetery in Sparta.