- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. -- Janice C. Montgomery Dial, 77, of Portageville died Friday, May 3, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 12, 1924, at Wardell, Mo., daughter of John and Beulah Tanner Montgomery. She and Richard P. Dial were married Dec. 27, 1943, at Boekerton, Mo. He preceded her in death May 20, 1998.
Dial was a member of the First Baptist Church and had worked as a bookkeeper for Lafonts, Noranda, Hayes Ford Sales in Portageville and the Western Auto Store, also in Portageville.
Survivors include two sons, Taylor Dial of Cape Girardeau and John Douglas Dial of Stewart, Fla.; a daughter, Janice Brown of Olive Branch, Miss.; three brothers, Andy Montgomery and Mike Montgomery of Millersville, Mo., and Warren Mongomery of Howell, Mich.; two sisters, Lela Aldrich of Tuscon, Ariz., and Beth McDonald of Anthems, Texas; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a brother and a sister.
Visitation will be at DeLisle Funeral Home in Portageville.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home. The Rev. Mark Inman will officiate with burial in Portageville Cemetery.