- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Animal fair at Kelso on Saturday
KELSO, Mo. -- There'll be something new at the Kelso Feed animal fair this year -- Shrine clowns.
"We'd really like for the clowns to enter their 'invisible dog' in the pet parade," said Carolyn Cauble, coordinator of the third annual fair to be held from 2 to 7 p.m. at Kelso Feed.
The pet contest will be held at 6 p.m..
"This has been a favorite event at the fair," said Cauble. Prizes are awarded for best dressed, smallest, largest, funniest, cutest, most unusual and the best pet trick, she said.
The Cape Shrine Club will also have a food stand at the fair. Proceeds from the fair go the Shriner's Children's Hospital in St. Louis.
"We'll have some surprises for the children," said Cauble. "We'll be giving away a dozen roosters and a kitten or two."
"Big Thunder," the world's largest toad, will be at the fair, along with other animals, presented by Jurrock's Zoo of Cape Girardeau. Jurrock's Zoo will have a number of animals at the fair, including "Cousin Cornelius," the dragon.
The annual fair is sponsored Kelso Feed, along with Purina Feed.
The event, said Cauble, is designed to teach children about animals.
Pony rides, balloons, hot dogs and lemonade will be available.
Information is available by calling Cauble at 264-4623.