- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Tornado kills four in west Texas town
HAPPY, Texas -- A tornado swept through a western Texas town Sunday night, killing at least four people and injuring others.
Several people were missing, said Mary Lenz, spokeswoman for the State Division of Emergency Management.
Twenty homes were heavily damaged along Interstate 27 in Happy, a small town about 30 miles south of Amarillo.
At least four people were injured, city secretary Patricia Simms said.
Tonya Smith and her husband were driving toward Happy when they saw the tornado form.
"We thought it was just a really big dust devil. It was right beside us. We stopped and watched it until we realized what it was," she said.
The tornado was one of at least six reported in the state Sunday.