- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Tornado kills four in west Texas town
HAPPY, Texas -- A tornado swept through a western Texas town Sunday night, killing at least four people and injuring others.
Several people were missing, said Mary Lenz, spokeswoman for the State Division of Emergency Management.
Twenty homes were heavily damaged along Interstate 27 in Happy, a small town about 30 miles south of Amarillo.
At least four people were injured, city secretary Patricia Simms said.
Tonya Smith and her husband were driving toward Happy when they saw the tornado form.
"We thought it was just a really big dust devil. It was right beside us. We stopped and watched it until we realized what it was," she said.
The tornado was one of at least six reported in the state Sunday.