- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Tornado kills four in west Texas town
HAPPY, Texas -- A tornado swept through a western Texas town Sunday night, killing at least four people and injuring others.
Several people were missing, said Mary Lenz, spokeswoman for the State Division of Emergency Management.
Twenty homes were heavily damaged along Interstate 27 in Happy, a small town about 30 miles south of Amarillo.
At least four people were injured, city secretary Patricia Simms said.
Tonya Smith and her husband were driving toward Happy when they saw the tornado form.
"We thought it was just a really big dust devil. It was right beside us. We stopped and watched it until we realized what it was," she said.
The tornado was one of at least six reported in the state Sunday.