- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)12
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- 'Love, not hate': Area residents gather to sing, talk about racial issues after violence in Charlottesville (8/14/17)89
Tornado kills four in west Texas town
HAPPY, Texas -- A tornado swept through a western Texas town Sunday night, killing at least four people and injuring others.
Several people were missing, said Mary Lenz, spokeswoman for the State Division of Emergency Management.
Twenty homes were heavily damaged along Interstate 27 in Happy, a small town about 30 miles south of Amarillo.
At least four people were injured, city secretary Patricia Simms said.
Tonya Smith and her husband were driving toward Happy when they saw the tornado form.
"We thought it was just a really big dust devil. It was right beside us. We stopped and watched it until we realized what it was," she said.
The tornado was one of at least six reported in the state Sunday.