- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
JACKSON, Mo. -- Denise Lorene Nordin and Michael John Wortmann exchanged vows Nov. 24, 2001, at Most Precious Blood Catholic Church in St. Louis. The Rev. Gregory Kirsch performed the double ring ceremony. Scripture readers were Julie Wortmann and Karen Kaufmann. Organist was Kathy Laury, and soloist was Tyree Emerson.
Parents of the couple are Scotty and Eve Nordin of Jackson and Robert and Patricia Wortmann of St. Louis.
Karen Brown of Jackson, sister of the bride, was matron of honor. Bridesmaids were Jaimie Emerson and Mary Felty of Chaffee, Mo., Amy Essner and Jamie Hanners of Jackson, and Jennifer Thompson of Cape Girardeau.
Best man was Kevin Guidorzi of St. Louis. Groomsmen were Joseph Wortmann of St. Louis, brother of the groom; Kevin Zimmer of Eureka, Mo., Patrick Jones of St. Louis, Jason Buck of Oklahoma, and Jeffrey Erxleben of Festus, Mo. Ushers were Thomas Wortmann, brother of the groom; Joe Marshall, brother-in-law of the groom; and Toby Brown, brother-in-law of the bride.
Candlelighters were Kathleen Marshall and Teresa Wortmann, sisters of the groom.
Natalie and Brittany Owens, nieces of the bride, were flower girls. Ringbearer was Tommy Wortmann, nephew of the groom.
Guest book and program attendants were Sara Schmidt, cousin of the bride; Emily Wortmann, niece of the groom; and McKenzie Owens, niece of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Royale Orleans in St. Louis.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at Cusanelli's in St. Louis.
Mrs. Wortmann is a 1994 graduate of Jackson High School, and expects to receive a degree in elementary education from Southeast Missouri State University this month.
The groom is a 1992 graduate of Bishop DuBourg High School in St. Louis, and a 2000 graduate of Southeast University. He is a fourth grade teacher at Perryville Elementary School.
After a wedding trip to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee, the couple is residing in Perryville.