- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
FRIEDHEIM, Mo. -- Jennifer Marie Schaaf and Shane Edward Kiefer were united in marriage Jan. 5, 2002, at Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Jackson, Mo. Msgr. Ed Eftink performed the single ring ceremony. Pianist was Jeff Overbey and soloist was Casey Janet, cousin of the bride, both of Cape Girardeau.
Parents of the couple are Chris and Jean Schaaf of Friedheim and Richard and Linda Kiefer of Perryville, Mo.
Matron of honor was Jessica Hupp of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Nicole Henderson of St. Louis, cousin of the bride; Kasie Fouts of Puxico, Mo.; Jenny Hawkins of Cape Girardeau; and Courtney Kiefer of Jackson, daughter of the groom.
Shawn Kiefer of Columbia, Mo., served his brother as best man. Groomsmen were David Schaaf of St. Louis, brother of the bride; Jason and Matt Kiefer of Perryville, cousins of the groom; and Blake Kiefer of Jackson, son of the groom. Ushers were Nathan Rellergert of Perryville and Josh Zoellner of St. Louis, cousins of the bride.
Candlelighter was Sara Flentge, daughter of Jay Flentge of Perryville and cousin of the bride.
Flower girl was Amanda Renaud, daughter of Jane Renaud of Perryville and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Corby Renaud, son of Jane Renaud and cousin and godson of the bride.
The reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Jan. 4 at the home of the bride and groom.
Mrs. Kiefer is pursuing a bachelor's degree in nursing at Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed in the Surgical Progressive Care Unit at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast University. He is employed in the SPCU at Southeast Hospital.
Following a cruise to the Bahamas, the couple is residing in Jackson.