- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Marlene Brown, 65, of Advance died Saturday, May 4, 2002, at her home.
She was born May 24, 1936 in Ogden, Utah, daughter of Charles and Doris Orrell Clark.
She and Jack Brown were married Aug. 30, 1953, in San Diego, Calif.
She worked as a secretary for the Southern Baptist Association in California for many years. She attended the United Methodist Church in Advance.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Richard Brown of Fort Worth, Texas, Matthew Brown of Banning, Calif.; a daughter, Terry Lynn Schleiger of Temecula, Calif.; a brother, Gary Orrell of Calif.; two sisters, Jodie Salas of Utah and Renee Orrell of California; and six grandchildren.
A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. May 11 at United Methodist Church in Advance, with the Rev. Tom Zych officiating.
Arrangements are under the direction of Morgan Funeral Home.