- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Dessie F. Poe, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, May 3, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 12, 1916 in Daisy, Mo., daughter of Amon W. and Minnie Seabaugh Fullbright.
She and Elbert L. "Wamp" Poe were married Feb. 26, 1939, in New Madrid, Mo. He died Sept. 19, 1984.
A graduate of Central High School, she was a member of St. Mark's Lutheran Church and active with Cub Scouts.
Survivors include a stepdaughter, Marion Clark of Taylorville, Ill.; a brother, Atlee "Lee" Fullbright of Cape Girardeau; and four stepgranddaughters.
Poe was preceded in death by a son, two stepsons and a stepdaughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Chapel.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Robert Klein officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.