- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Buffett- insurance firms rebounding
OMAHA, Neb. -- Billionaire investor Warren Buffett assured stockholders Saturday that Berkshire Hathaway's insurance operations are back on track after losses blamed on the terrorist attacks.
More than 10,000 shareholders attended Berkshire's annual meeting.
The investor said insurance premiums held by Berkshire before payouts grew by $1.8 billion in the quarter ended March 31, and the company had an underwriting profit of $20 million during the period.