- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)14
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
odds and ends 50502
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- When a Davenport woman discovered she was pregnant, she didn't waste time.
Tonya Matheny delivered her first child three days later.
"It's mind-boggling," said Matheny, 29, who lives in Davenport with her husband of 4 1/2 years, L.T.
"I found out I was pregnant for sure on Friday, went into pre-term labor on Saturday, and I had my daughter on Monday," Matheny said.
Dr. Valerie Bonnett of Davenport told Tonya Matheny she was pregnant on Thursday, April 25, after running tests for Matheny's kidney infection. The pregnancy was confirmed Friday with an ultrasound revealing Matheny was seven months along.