- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)19
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
odds and ends 50502
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- When a Davenport woman discovered she was pregnant, she didn't waste time.
Tonya Matheny delivered her first child three days later.
"It's mind-boggling," said Matheny, 29, who lives in Davenport with her husband of 4 1/2 years, L.T.
"I found out I was pregnant for sure on Friday, went into pre-term labor on Saturday, and I had my daughter on Monday," Matheny said.
Dr. Valerie Bonnett of Davenport told Tonya Matheny she was pregnant on Thursday, April 25, after running tests for Matheny's kidney infection. The pregnancy was confirmed Friday with an ultrasound revealing Matheny was seven months along.