- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)50
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
odds and ends 50502
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- When a Davenport woman discovered she was pregnant, she didn't waste time.
Tonya Matheny delivered her first child three days later.
"It's mind-boggling," said Matheny, 29, who lives in Davenport with her husband of 4 1/2 years, L.T.
"I found out I was pregnant for sure on Friday, went into pre-term labor on Saturday, and I had my daughter on Monday," Matheny said.
Dr. Valerie Bonnett of Davenport told Tonya Matheny she was pregnant on Thursday, April 25, after running tests for Matheny's kidney infection. The pregnancy was confirmed Friday with an ultrasound revealing Matheny was seven months along.