- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
odds and ends 50502
IOWA CITY, Iowa -- When a Davenport woman discovered she was pregnant, she didn't waste time.
Tonya Matheny delivered her first child three days later.
"It's mind-boggling," said Matheny, 29, who lives in Davenport with her husband of 4 1/2 years, L.T.
"I found out I was pregnant for sure on Friday, went into pre-term labor on Saturday, and I had my daughter on Monday," Matheny said.
Dr. Valerie Bonnett of Davenport told Tonya Matheny she was pregnant on Thursday, April 25, after running tests for Matheny's kidney infection. The pregnancy was confirmed Friday with an ultrasound revealing Matheny was seven months along.