- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Harlan's Holiday made favorite
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The numbers are set for Harlan's Holiday: He'll try to win the Kentucky Derby from the No. 14 post as the 9-2 favorite in a full field of 20 horses.
Harlan's Holiday, the consistent bay colt with six wins and four seconds in 10 career starts, was a slight favorite over Came Home and Buddha, both listed at 5-1 in the morning line set Wednesday night by Churchill Downs oddsmaker Mike Battaglia.
Harlan's Holiday, trained by Ken McPeek, is coming off strong wins in the Florida Derby and Blue Grass Stakes. Came Home has won six of seven, including the Santa Anita Derby, and lightly raced Buddha has a three-race winning streak after his victory in the Wood Memorial.
Came Home, with Chris McCarron aboard, will leave from the No. 15 post, while Buddha will leave from the No. 10 gate.
Irish-based Johannesburg and Wood runner-up Medaglia d'Oro were co-third picks at 6-1.