- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
GRASSY, Mo. -- Funeral for Billy Russell Hoover of Grassy will be held at 1 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill, Mo. The Rev. Joe Allen will officiate. Burial will be in Grassy Cemetery.
Billy, 12, died Sunday, April 28, 2002, in the tornado that struck Marble Hill.
He was born June 11, 1989, in Cape Girardeau, son of Herman W. and Bonnie S. Eldridge Hoover.
Billy was a sixth-grade student at Woodland Schools in Marble Hill and was active in basketball, baseball and soccer.
Survivors include his mother of Canton, Ga.; a brother, Craig Eldridge; two sisters, Theresa Hoover and Brandi Bollinger, all of Canton; and maternal grandparents, Russell and Doris Eldridge of Grassy, with whom he made his home.