- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Eldon M. Hahn, 79, of Granite City, Ill., died Sunday, April 28, 2002, in Granite City.
He was born Nov. 27, 1922, in Marble Hill, son of Jacob and Laura Eaker Hahn. He and Lovier Loretta Rose were married Sept. 29, 1946, in Marble Hill.
Hahn farmed and operated Hahn's Dry Good Store in Lutesville, Mo., before moving to Granite City in 1967. He retired from Granite City School District 9. He was a member of Trinity United Methodist Church.
He served in the U.S. Army with the 10th Mountain Division in Italy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Phyllis Quinn of Little Rock, Ark.; four sons, Jack Hahn of Marble Hill, Kenneth, David and Rodger Hahn, all of Granite City; a sister, Juanita Sample of Marble Hill; a brother, Willard Hahn of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call at Thomas Saksa Funeral Home in Granite City from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Brian Caughlan officiating. Burial will be in Sunset Hill Cemetery at Glen Carbon, Ill.