- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Graveside service for Dale Baggott of Anna will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday at Alto Pass Cemetery. Military rites will be conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
Friends may call at Hileman and Parr Funeral Home in Jonesboro, Ill., from 6 to 8 p.m. today. Masonic rites will be conducted at 7 by Cobden Masonic Lodge 466.
Baggott, 60, died Saturday, April 27, 2002, at his home.
He was born May 20, 1941, in Benton Harbor, Mich., son of John Donald and Lucille Della Gates Baggott. He and Bonnie Clubb were married Jan. 16, 1969, in Jonesboro.
Baggott was an over-the-road truck driver. He was a member of Cobden Masonic Lodge, and honorary member of Jonesboro, Murphysboro, Anna, Dongola, and Saline Masonic lodges. He was a member of Scottish Rite Council Consistory in Belleville, Ill., Anna Moose Lodge, Illinois Auctioneer Association, and Southern Illinois Auto Unlimited.
He served in the U.S. Army during the Korean War.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Karen Lewis of Afton, Okla.; two sons, Justin Baggott of Canton, Ill., Eric Knudson of Anna; a brother, Donald Baggott of Anna; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.