- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Homer D. Hayes, 73, of Perryville died Friday, April 26, 2002, at his home.
He was born Oct. 20, 1928, at Black, Mo., son of Arthur and Laura Moses Hayes. He and Erma Riney were married May 14, 1955, at Lithium, Mo.
He served in the U.S. Air Force. He was a machinist for Pittsburgh Plate Glass.
Survivors include his wife; six brothers, Floyd Hayes of Edwardsville, Ill., Olen Hayes of St. Mary, Mo., Herschel Hayes of Perryville, Jimmie and Jackie Hayes, both of House Springs, Mo., and Euel Hayes of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; and a sister, Fern Cheney of Fairview Heights, Ill.
Friends may call from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. A parish wake service will be at 7 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home. An American Legion service will be at 7:30 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. Monday at the funeral home. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Monday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, with the Rev. Kevin Fausz officiating. Burial will be at Mount Hope Cemetery at Perryville. Graveside honors will be conducted by American Legion Post 133.