- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. -- Gertrude M. Meyer, 86, of Ste. Genevieve died Thursday, April 25, 2002, at Jefferson Memorial Hospital in Crystal City, Mo.
She was born Dec. 15, 1915, at River Aux Vases, Mo., daughter of Charles and Justine Fisher Naeger. She and Oswin Meyer were married May 11, 1938.
Meyer was employed by the U.S. Postal Service 25 years, and drove a bus for the Sheltered Workshop. She was a member of Ste. Genevieve Hospital Auxiliary, National Association of Retired Federal Employees and VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Carolyn Robinson of Cape Girardeau, Jeanette Carron of Hazelwood, Mo.; a son, Edward Meyer of Memphis, Tenn.; seven grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by five brothers, four sisters and a grandchild.
Friends may call at Basler Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at Church of Ste. Genevieve. Burial will be in Valle Spring Cemetery.