- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
FROHNA, Mo. -- Raymond E. Meier, 85, formerly of Frohna, died Friday, April 26, 2002, at Perry County Nursing Home in Perryville, Mo.
He was born March 28, 1917, in Perry County, son of Joseph and Katherine Mahnken Meier. He and Edna Biester were married Dec. 12, 1965.
Meier was a farmer and a member of Salem Lutheran Church at Farrar, Mo.
Survivors include his wife, and a sister, Helen Guth of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville from 4 to 8 p.m. today, and Sunday from 8 a.m. to noon.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at Salem Lutheran Church in Farrar. The Rev. Robert Schneider will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.