- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ex-drill team leader pleads guilty to rape
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A former drill team leader pleaded guilty Friday to having sex with two teen-age girls in the group.
Brian K. Wilson, 42, pleaded guilty in Jackson County Circuit Court to two counts of second-degree statutory rape and one count of second-degree statutory sodomy.
In exchange for the guilty plea, prosecutors dropped 11 other counts, including five counts of second-degree statutory rape and one count of second-degree statutory sodomy, both felonies.
The victims told police that Wilson, the former leader of the "Fabulous Marching Cougars" drill team, solicited sexual favors in exchange for money, free uniforms and trips.
One victim was 14 when the incidents began, and the other was 15.
According to a court document supporting the charges against Wilson, a 17-year-old girl who moved from Kansas City to Texas told police that Wilson approached her soon after she joined the Fabulous Marching Cougars drill team.
She said Wilson called her into his office, fondled her, and told her he could get her free uniforms and trips if she agreed to have sex with him.
According to the same document, Wilson urged her to be discreet and usually gave her between $10 to $30 in exchange for sex.
In January, the second victim -- a woman who is now 19 -- told Kansas City detectives that she had sex with Wilson on six different occasions from 1996 to 1998, while she was on the drill team, court documents said.
According to court documents, Wilson bragged to male ex-members of the team that he was having sex with female members, and in one case offered to set one of the males up with the two victims.
Wilson was also convicted in May 1992 of first-degree sexual assault.
In that case, court documents stated that Wilson picked up a 13-year-old and a 14-year-old from their Kansas City, Kan., school and took them to his Kansas City apartment, where they drank alcohol and had sex with two of Wilson's friends.
Prosecutors charged Wilson in that case because he was present when the crimes occurred.