- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Bomb in mosque kills 12 women
ISLAMABAD, Pakistan -- Hundreds of Shiite Muslims protested in Pakistan's eastern Punjab province Friday after a bomb ripped through one of their mosques, killing 12 worshippers, all of them women, and wounding at least 13 other people. There was no claim of responsibility for blast, which occurred around midnight Thursday in Bukker, 300 miles southwest of the capital of Islamabad.
Asif Hayyat, the Punjab police chief, described the bombing as an "act of terrorism" and said "foreign elements" could not be ruled out. Police recently arrested a number of al-Qaida suspects in Punjab.