- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Lelar F. Woods, 92, of Sikeston, died Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at the Missouri Delta Medical Center.
Born Feb. 9, 1910, in New Orleans, she was the daughter of Dave and Matilda Clark Watson.
Woods was a member of Greer Chapel Baptist Church in Sikeston.
Survivors include a son, Willie Lewis of Rockford, Ill.; a brother, Rev. William Watson of Sikeston; nine grandchildren and 22 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Woody Woods; three brothers and one sister.
Friends may call from 1-2 p.m. Saturday at the Greer Chapel Baptist Church. The funeral will be at 2 p.m. in the church with the Rev. Roy Bonner officiating.
Burial will follow in the Sunset of Memories Cemetery in Sikeston.
Arrangements are under the direction at Williams-Farr and Purnell Funeral Home.