- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Oscar B. "Doc" Clements, 79, of Perryville died Tuesday, April 23, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 8, 1922, at Biehle, Mo., son of Louis and Elizabeth Werth Clements. He and Cornelia Hennemann were married June 10, 1950, at Apple Creek, Mo.
Clements retired as an electric welder from Mississippi Lime Co. He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 4282, American Legion Post 133, Amvets Post 94, Holy Name Society, and was a 3rd Degree member of Knights of Columbus.
He served in the U.S. Army during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Patsy Brewer of Perryville; two brothers, Wilbert and Kelly Clements of Biehle; a sister, Mae Propst of Sedgewickville, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandson.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 4 to 9 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 to 9:50 a.m. The parish wake and Knights of Columbus service will be at 6 p.m., followed by Amvets service at 6:30, and VFW service at 7:30. The rosary will be recited at 9 a.m. Friday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent's Church, with the Rev. Kevin P. Fausz officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery, with graveside military honors by American Legion Post 133.