- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
THEBES, Ill. -- Robert Bevely Snell, 95, of Thebes died Wednesday, April 24, 2002, at Jackson Manor in Jackson, Mo.
He was born Nov. 20, 1906, in East Cape Girardeau, Ill., son of Peter and Dona Huddleston Snell. He and Lovah Virginia Phillips were married Feb. 25, 1928, in Cairo, Ill. She died Sept. 8, 1998.
Snell worked for Missouri Pacific Railroad 45 years, retiring in 1971. He lived in the Gale and McClure, Ill., communities all his life. He was a member of Gale Church of God.
Survivors include a brother, Woodrow Snell of Gale; three grandchildren; four great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; three great-stepgrandchildren; three great-great-stepgrandchildren; and a nephew whom he raised.
He was preceded in death by a son, seven brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Billy Raby officiating. Burial will be in Rose Hill Cemetery.