- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
ANNA, Ill. -- Funeral for Betty June Corzine of Lawrence, Kan., formerly of Anna, will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna. The Revs. Kenneth Mixen and Clifford Heil will officiate. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
Corzine, 71, died Monday, April 22, 2002, in Lawrence.
She was born Aug. 19, 1930, in Tamaroa, Ill., daughter of John Henry and Mary Edith Ferguson Fritz. She and Wilbur Delene "Cozy" Corzine were married May 22, 1948, in Piggott, Ark.
Corzine was a lifelong resident of Union County until moving to Lawrence in August 2001.
She was a 1948 graduate of Anna-Jonesboro High School. She worked at Brown and International Shoe Companies many years, and was employed 28 years at Choate Mental Health and Development Center, retiring in 1991. She and her husband also owned and operated Corzine's Body Shop and Wrecker Service in Anna many years.
Corzine was a member of First Baptist Church in Cobden, Ill., Women of the Moose Lodge 1181, and Anna Eastern Star Chapter 522.
Survivors include her husband; a daughter, Darlene Nunez of Lawrence; a granddaughter; and a great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by her parents.